The purpose of the APTA is to provide leadership that supports and advances professional teaching associations. The purpose of the APTA is to:
- be a voice for, and raise the profile of, the profession;
- build an informed and supportive network for collaborative activities, projects and research;
- be proactive in the development, implementation and review of policy;
- advocate in matters of significance to the profession;
- liaise, collaborate and network with relevant national and international organisations.